Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have a question that you cannot find an answer for?  

Check out Concordia's Knowledge Database System.   All you have to do is type in your question and the Knowledge Database System searches the database for an appropriate answer. If your question has not already been answered, the system will send an email to the appropriate department and your question will be answered.  

When are my tuition fees due?

Tuition and mandatory fees are due the first day of class in each term.  Students beginning their studies in September will see their statement of account in their Online Services for students in early August.  Concordia no longer mails out paper statements.

What is a Registered Education Savings Plan?

An RESP is a special account to help save for your child’s post-secondary education.  Once the beneficiary is enrolled in a qualifying educational program, they can start receiving payments from the plan.  To receive payments from the plan, students must show proof of enrolment usually by a certain deadline.

How do I obtain a verification of enrolment?

If you need to request a Verification of Enrolment for things like insurance discounts, banking, or RESP's, etc., simply complete the online request form in your Online Services.   You can also visit the Enrolment Services Office in HA120, complete your online request at one of the computer kiosks and pick up the document immediately.  If you have a separate form that requires a signature, you will need to drop it off in person at Enrolment Services and complete an online request form.  Please note that students who require a verification of enrolment for student loan purposes must use the appropriate forms required by their lenders.

If you have any questions, please contact us at 780-479-9220 or by email at

What is a Student Line of Credit?

A student line of credit is another method of borrowing money to cover the cost of your education.  Most of the major banks provide flexible options for students.   Although banks make borrowing money easy, you should remember that there can be negative consequences to borrowing money unwisely.  We encourage you to speak to a Financial Aid Advisor to discuss your options for funding your education.

Advancing Futures Bursary

If you had a Permanent Guardianship Order (PGO) between the time you were 13 and 18 years old or have been in the care or custody of Alberta Human Services for at least 546 days (18 months) between the time you were 13 and 24 years old, you may be eligible for the Advancing Futures bursary. Learn more ►

Northern Alberta Development Council (NADC) Bursary

Meant to encourage students to train for jobs that are in demand in northern Alberta, the NADC Bursary is a return service bursary of $6,000 per year for a maximum of two years and is offered to students in their final two years of post-secondary studies.  Learn more ►

What is Project Hero?

Project Hero, which was started in 2009 by Retired General Rick Hillier and Honorary Lt. Colonel Kevin Reed, is a unique program which provides undergraduate scholarships to children of fallen soldiers. Commencing in September 2009, many of Canada's finest colleges and universities are offering tuition and in some cases, support with room and board in the first year, to childen of Canadian Forces personnel who have lost their lives while serving in an active mission.

To be eligible, the recipient must be:
1. A dependant of a Canadian Forces personnel deceased while serving in an active mission
2. Under the age of twenty-six
3. Registered as a full-time undergraduate student at the university, in a program of study eligible for funding by the Province of the location of School
4. Meet the academic requirements for entry to the academic program for which the recipient applies and maintain satisfactory academic standing in the program

Eligibility to the scholarship program of Canadian Forces personnel deceased while serving in an active mission will be determined by Canadian Forces criteria.


Comments are closed.